Imagine You Walked with Jesus
$9.99 – $17.95
What would it be like to meet Jesus, face to face? To walk with him along the roads and seashores of ancient Palestine…to eat with him, to hear his words, to witness his miracles? For centuries, Christians have sought a more intimate, personal encounter with Jesus through the practice of Ignatian contemplation, also known as imaginative prayer.
In Imagine You Walked with Jesus: A Guide to Ignatian Contemplative Prayer, you’ll learn the method of imaginative prayer proposed by St. Ignatius of Loyola five hundred years ago and practiced by millions of Christians today. Then, you’ll be guided through forty Gospel-based encounters with Jesus, from his birth to his resurrection. With the help of the Holy Spirit, you will have the opportunity to interact with Jesus, just as his first followers did, forging a deeper, more life-giving relationship with the Son of God.
Get the print or ebook edition anywhere books are sold:
BOOKSHOP | AMAZON | BARNES & NOBLE
OUR SUNDAY VISITOR
KOBO | GOOGLE PLAY
Group pricing is available through Our Sunday Visitor. Call their customer service line at 800-348-2440.
- An introduction to the practice of imaginative prayer as taught by St. Ignatius in his Spiritual Exercises.
- Forty step-by-step guided encounters with Jesus, with the complete Gospel text and questions for reflection and small-group discussion.
- Cultural and geographical background to help you imagine each encounter with Jesus more vividly.
- A leader’s guide for using Imagine You Walked with Jesus in a small group setting, including two different session outlines.
- More than ten reading plans organized by liturgical season and by Gospel.
- A guide to journaling your imaginative prayer, with five examples.
- A list of 30 additional opportunities to encounter Jesus in imaginative prayer.
Bulk order pricing is available through Our Sunday Visitor. Call their customer service line at 800-348-2440.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jerry Windley-Daoust is the author of more than a dozen books on Catholic social teaching, family spirituality, and Ignatian prayer. The cofounder of Gracewatch Media, which creates print and digital resources for Catholic families, he is especially grateful for the ten years he spent as a stay-at-home dad for his five children. Find him online at windhovering.com.
Publisher: Our Sunday Visitor (January 31, 2022)
Formats: Paperback (192 pages) or ebook
There are no reviews yet.